Sunday, August 10, 2014

Updates

Today is all about updating some of my post, while updating my progress.  This gives me the knowledge that I am keeping on track, while staying in my direct line, and actually getting my family tree complete.  (Is there any such thing as a complete family tree??)  I believe everyone should take some time now and then to just step back and see what progress has made.
.

The Progress or not blog posted on 17 June 2014 update.


                     June 2014                                                                August 2014

   Generation   Possible    What I have                        Generation   Possible    What I have

        1               1               1                                              1               1               1
        2               2               2                                              2               2               2                 3               4               4                                              3               4               4
        4               8               8                                              4               8               8   
        5              16              8                                              5              16             12 (+4)
        6              32             14                                             6              32             14
        7              64              7                                              7              64              7
        8             128            10                                             8              128            10
        9             256            10                                             9              256            12 (+2)
       10            512             2                                             10             512             2

Totals
                    1023             66                                                           1023           72 (+6)

I have added 4 new 2x great grandparents and 2 new 6x great grandparent, for a total of 6 new ancestors added to my family tree.  That is not too bad.  I can at least see that I am making progress.  Though percentage wise I am only at 7%.  Better than 2 months ago.      



Update on Cecelia May McGee King post of 30 July 2014.  I have finally found her!  Whew  Now I know why it was so difficult in finding Cecelia.  The 1900 census list her name as Celia McGee.  Lesson Learned -  if you cannot find our ancestor with the name you have - try various spellings of the name.  In my post on Cecelia May McGee King, I tried 40 different variations of her name.  Looks like I missed one.  LoL



The 7 June 1900 census from FamilySearch.org shows:  

Celia McGee in the household of Thos McGee
Head of household: Thos McGee age 31 born May 1869 in Washington DC
Wife: Annie McGee age 18 born Sept 1881 in Washington DC
Daughter: Celia McGee age 0/12 born May 1900 in Washington DC
Thos and Annie married for 1 year.  Annie being the mother of 1 child and 1 child living.  

I now have Cecelia's and her parents name, birth month and year, and birth place.  I will hopefully be able to validate the information and continue with her branch of the family tree.  Only time will tell!  Looks like a small hole in that "brick wall".  

I am feeling more confident these days of my research and my blog.  I am making progress.  I am seeing results.  I am expanding my family tree.  I am feeling good!  If you find yourself wondering about starting a blog, I say go for it!  Just being able to put into words what goes through my mind, and the questions I ask myself has helped me tremendously.  I now ask myself "Why didn't I do this sooner?"

Happy Researching!!!

Debbie






                                      



1 comment: