Friday, July 18, 2014

Attention all Medlock Family Members!!

I recently received an e-mail from my 4th cousin Sarah Matthews Pongracz regarding Tommy Medlock's  90th birthday on 15 July 2014.  Tommy Medlock,my 2nd cousin 2x removed, is the last surviving child of James Wade Medlock Sr.

Here is a portion of the letter that was sent to Sarah Matthews Pongracz.

Hey Dear Medlock Relatives,

A big benchmark in our family is Uncle Tommy Medlock's birthday in a couple of weeks, and his daughter asks that cheer him with a barrage of birthday cards. He turns 90 on July 15.

It would mean EVERYTHING to him to get birthday cards from the larger family of Medlocks. Tommy's daughter, Tommie Lynn, writes: "It's not a big request but it would make his year. The cards can come anytime within the month of July as far as he is concerned.  I just know how much he appreciates cards and this year has not been the best, health wise. He is trying to get over the shingles and it has really taken its toll."

He would enjoy any kind of card, snarky or sentimental. If you included some of your thoughts and memories about this great man, he would be thrilled even more.

Thank you all,

Wade Medlock

If anyone is interested in sending Tommy Medlock a birthday card I do have an address available.  I did not want to post the address here, so if you are interested you can request it one of two ways.  1) Comment with your email address and I will email you Tommy Medlock's address.  Or 2) if you prefer, send me an email and I'll send you the address.

I love this idea!  And yes, I have a card I will be sending out in the next day or so.  With my card, I will include how I am related to him.  Maybe, just maybe we can exchange some family history!  

Happy Birthday Cousin Tommy!!!

Debbie


3 comments:

  1. Hi, reading you blog from the recent listing of New Genealogy Blogs Geneabloggers by Thomas MacEntee. Regards Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by Fran. I am new to this, I hope you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran, I've visited your website, love the reading. Your grandmother was an amazing woman! I was not able to find where to click to leave a comment, that is why I am doing it here.

    ReplyDelete